Position: Asbestos Inspector
Location: Saginaw, MI
Job Type: Full-Time
Number of Openings: 1
- 1-3 years of asbestos building inspection, asbestos air monitoring, abatement oversight experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Geology, Hydrogeology, or related from an accredited university
- 1-3 years of Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessment and site investigation experience
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training and current with 8-hour refresher courses
- Familiarity with Michigan environmental and asbestos programs
- Accredited as a Lead-Based Paint Inspector
The successful candidate will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment providing due diligence and remediation services.
- Participates with the team conducting asbestos building inspections
- Conducts Phase I ESAs to ASTM or higher standards
- Conducts Phase II ESAs
- Ability to manage analytical data using spreadsheets and databases
- Understands due diligence and brownfield redevelopment processes
- Demonstrates full knowledge of each project’s status and goals
- Performs tasks across multiple disciplines to bring about successful project completion
- Provides quality environmental services
- Responds to customers in a timely manner
- Other duties not listed may also apply
AKT Peerless offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and is an EOE.
Contact: John Miller, Human Resources
Address: 214 Janes Avenue, Saginaw, MI 48607
Fax: (989) 754-3804
(Please provide resumes in MS Word or PDF format)
NO phone calls please.