Position: Environmental Consultant
Location: Farmington, MI
Job Type: Full-Time
Number of Openings: 1
- Accredited as an Asbestos Building Inspector.
- 1-3 years of asbestos building inspection, asbestos air monitoring, abatement oversight experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Geology, Hydrogeology, or related from an accredited university.
- 1-3 years of Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessment and site investigation experience.
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training and current with 8-hour refresher courses.
- Familiarity with Michigan environmental and asbestos programs.
- Accredited as a Lead-Based Paint Inspector.
Successful candidate will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment providing due diligence and remediation services. Expectations include:
- Participates with team conducting asbestos building inspections.
- Conducts Phase I ESAs to ASTM or higher standards.
- Conducts Phase II ESAs.
- Ability to manage analytical data using spreadsheets and databases.
- Understands due diligence and brownfield redevelopment processes.
- Demonstrates full knowledge of each project’s status and goals.
- Performs tasks across multiple disciplines to bring about successful project completion.
- Provides quality environmental services.
- Responds to customers in a timely manner.
- Other duties not listed may also apply.
AKT Peerless offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and is an EOE.
Contact: John Miller, Human Resources
Address: 214 Janes Avenue, Saginaw, MI 48607
Fax: (989) 754-3804
(Please provide resumes in MS Word or PDF format)
NO phone calls please.