Environmental Consultant (Saginaw, MI)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Geology, Hydrogeology, or related from an accredited university.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- 2-5 years of Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessment and site investigation experience.
- Accredited as an Asbestos Building Inspector.
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training and current with 8-hour refresher courses.
- Familiarity with Michigan environmental and asbestos programs.
- Accredited as a Lead-Based Paint Inspector.
- UST compliance experience.
- Asbestos building inspection, asbestos air monitoring, and abatement oversight experience.
- Development of technical specifications and bid documents.
- Oversight and monitoring of contractors for remediation, demolition, and/or abatement.
- Leading team conducting asbestos building inspections.
- Conducting Phase I ESAs to ASTM or higher standards.
- Conducting Phase II ESAs.
- Managing analytical data using spreadsheets and databases.
- Understanding due diligence and brownfield redevelopment processes.
- Demonstrating full knowledge of each project’s status and goals.
- Performing tasks across multiple disciplines to bring about successful project completion.
- Providing quality environmental services.
- Responding to customers in a timely manner.
- Other duties not listed may also apply.