Human Resources Assistant – Internship (Saginaw, MI)
- Provides support to the Human Resources Director on all personnel matters.
- Conducts benefit enrollment for new employees.
- Verifies and maintains I-9 documentation.
- Submits online investigation requests and assists with new employee background checks.
- Reconciles benefits statements.
- Performs payroll/benefit-related reconciliations to General Ledger and other accounts.
- Conducts audits of various payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends any corrective action.
- Updates HR spreadsheet with employee change requests and processes paperwork.
- Prepares and maintains employee files, employee performance review forms, and processing of employee terminations.
- Assists HR Director with various research projects and/or special projects.
- Assists with recruitment and interview process.
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested.
- Schedules conferences by reserving facilities at local hotels and/or restaurants.
- Processes mail, prepares correspondence, makes photocopies, files & faxes documents, and performs other clerical functions.
- Answers and transfers office telephone calls.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Problem Solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Oral Communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
- Written Communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and can read and interpret written information.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality Control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and can deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and Security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety & security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Mathematical aptitude as well as good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to use normal office equipment such as a fax machine, copier, multi-line phone system, 10-key calculator, computer equipment, and peripherals. Computer software knowledge required: MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
- Other duties not listed may also apply.