LAI has designated five major purposes:
- To recognize and honor men and women in all parts of the world whose achievements have contributed, directly or indirectly, to the advancement of the science of land economics, to a better understanding of the principles of land economics, or to the practical application of such principles in the preservation, development or better utilization of the world’s resources;
- To encourage and support the study of land economics and support the highest ideals of scholarship and integrity for all fields – professional, business, governmental and academic – in which land economics is studied or practiced;
- To expand the world’s knowledge and understanding of the principles of land economics and encourage and support the application of such principles to both public policy and private endeavor;
- To take those actions and support those ideas, individually and collectively, which contribute to the enrichment of our urban and rural environment and benefit the quality of human life; and
- To advance a close working bond and mutual understanding among men and women engaged in all disciplines and activities related to land economics.
Barringer Lagomarsino has over 25 years of professional experience in management, marketing, and technical review in industrial, laboratory, and project management settings. Her expertise in environmental risk analysis is significant and broad-based, with an emphasis on servicing the real estate and financial sectors. She joined AKT Peerless in 2015 through a merger with Barringer Management and oversees environmental risk management services companywide.
Barringer Lagomarsino’s membership in LAI will be formally initiated at the 27th Annual Investiture Banquet in Sacramento in January, 2017.