We provide a full range of Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) and Microbial Services necessary to identify, manage and mitigate potential liabilities. We combine the expertise of environmental professionals and certified industrial hygienists with proven evaluation, design, and mitigation capabilities.
Asbestos Surveys are based on the Asbestos School Hazard Abatement Reauthorization Act (ASHARA). The purpose of ASHARA is to extend the Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) inspection and management requirements to commercial and industrial buildings. Surveys are conducted to comply with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements and National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP) requirements for pre-demolition inspection activities.
Asbestos Abatement Air Monitoring establishes a baseline of background levels in the work area before abatement begins. During abatement, contiguous air sampling is conducted at the personnel entrance to the regulated area, at the negative air machine discharge, and, if applicable, at the waste load-out.
To provide cost effective air monitoring services, AKT Peerless performs on-site Phase Contract Microscopy (PCM) analysis and post daily monitoring results. Air sampling and analysis follow the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) 7400 Method.
AKT Peerless provides OSHA personnel sampling to determine 8-hour Time-Weighted Average (TWA) and Short-Term Excursion Limit (STEL) exposures. When abatement is complete and a final visual inspection has been conducted, final air clearance sampling is conducted to verify compliance with regulatory clearance requirements and USEPA guidelines.
Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) Evaluation Services
Whether evaluating the permissible exposure limits (PEL) on the floor of an industrial process or investigating the cause of sick building syndrome, AKT Peerless has the experience and personal to help. Our services include:
- Personal Air Sampling to evaluate TWA and PELs
- Mold cause and origin forensic investigations
- Building investigations and assessments
- HVAC and building system operational evaluations
- Measurement of IAQ factors including CO, CO2, O2, VOCs, temperature, humidity, etc.
Microbial Evaluation Services
Microbial contamination can create unwanted human exposure and damage to property value. Our services can help identify and remediate microbial contamination. Our investigations may include:
- Mold and microbial surface sampling and speciation
- Moisture content delineation
- Mold content damage evaluation
- Recommendations for abatement
- Evaluation of remediation costs
- Abatement contractor evaluations and bidding assistance
- Restoration and remediation process management
- Re-occupancy clearance consulting and monitoring
- Guidance for future monitoring and preventative maintenance